Ganxsta N-I-P haastattelu Aug 16, 2019 15:58:14 GMT 3
Post by fileerausveitsi on Aug 16, 2019 15:58:14 GMT 3
Tällä kertaa haastattelussa Houston-räppäri ja horrorcore-pioneeri Ganxsta N-I-P.
What's up, N-I-P? What are you up to?
- I'm good. God is good!
What's Houston like? What are some of your earliest childhood memories?
- Houston is a great city. It has its own style. Trendsetting.
Why, where and how did you fall in love with hip-hop music?
- Through my idols Ice-T and Too $hort.
What was the first hip-hop album you bought?
- Too $hort's Born To Mack and Ice-T's Power.
How did you get your rap name?
- In high school, while in the band.
How would you describe your style, to those who aren't familiar?
- Creator of Horrorcore!
Are your stories the products of nightmares, childhood experiences, fantasies?
- No, they are not, horrorcore was in me from birth!
Do you ever research real events, legends, or myths to get ideas?
- No, I don’t! I just create, because I’m a creator!
What is the story behind your song Pizza Man?
- Pizza man is a movie minded song which I created to metaphorically show my audience creativity at its finest!
What do you think of the hip hop scene in Houston?
- I think we are highly underrated and often duplicated.
What are you listening to these days?
What was the last album you were able to play front-to-back without any skips?
- My album "Creator of Horrorcore".
How did you and Detag link up?
- Me and Detag linked up threw FB and he’s the greatest producer I’ve ever had! One luv, Detag!
What was the first thing you bought when you signed your Rap-A-Lot contract?
- My mom a house.
Were tracks like “Court Cases & Caskets” motivated by the political climate?
- Yes, it was! Brother Nip is the political alter-ego of Ganxsta Nip.
What is one experience in life that, without it, you wouldn’t be the artist you are today?
- Playing the alto saxophone in the band.
Tell me about your new project Brother N-I-P? How is it different from Ganxsta N-I-P?
- Brother Nip is a conscious God fearing soldier who calls himself the Street Messiah.
Do you have anyone that you consider your mentor? How has their help or advice shaped you?
- The honorable minister Louis Farrakhan has shaped Brother Nip into a positive force for change in black people, as well as people of all color.
What do you remember about recording and chilling with Mr. 3-2?
- I remember 3-2 being a great rapper and great friend to the Houston hip hop scene. R-I-P!
Imagine that you become the American President for a day. What are some of the changes you’re going to make to the country?
- That all men have equal justice and equal opportunity. Freedom, justice and equality.
Do you have any fun Halloween experiences you can tell us?
- Yes, every Halloween the radio station plays my songs!
Do you believe in the conspiracies?
- Yes, I do.
In your opinion – what’s the best neighborhood in Houston?
- Every neighborhood in Houston.
What's the hottest track so far this year?
- H-Town Swag by Brother Nip (Produced by Detag).
What do you usually drink in the club?
Which you prefer: Selling music from the trunk or selling music on the internet?
- Both, because they both makes money.
What would you say is your “theme song”?
- Peace in the Streets.
If you were a character of a video game, what would you be and why?
- Pac-Man, because he eats his enemies.
One of my favourite songs of yours is “Slaughter". How did this track come about?
- From the injustice that black men go threw on a daily basis.
What are your upcoming projects?
- Brother Nip's Conversation with the Gangsters, Ganxsta Nip's Greatest Horrorz Vol. 2, Ganxsta Nip' Greatest Hood Talez and Brother Nip' Souljaz Only.
Finally, what are Ganxsta N-I-P's words to live by?
- All praises due to Allah!
Thanks for your time!
Haastattelu: J-P / Fileerausveitsi